Global and population mental health
This research group includes:
- Social scientists;
It’s based at the Lisbon Institute of Global Mental Health (LIGMH), founded in 2014 by the Gulbenkian Foundation, NMS and ENSP.
It aims at generating innovative knowledge, building capacity and providing technical collaboration to governments worldwide in the areas of:
- Mental health;
- Social determinants and vulnerable populations;
- Mental health and chronic diseases;
- Mental health policy;
- Mental health and human rights.
The main objectives for the next years are:
- To continue studying the effects of socio-economic crises and other emergencies on mental health of the populations;
- To assess accessibility and capacity of care in countries with diverse mental health systems;
- To continue monitoring of mental health policies and systems in the EU;
- To develop new approaches on capacity building of mental health leaders and researchers.
They will also initiate a World Mental Health Surveys Initiative´s study on university students’ mental health, as well as projects addressing psychosocial problems related to new vulnerabilities, and mental health and human rights.